Created in 1961 and established in 1964 under the Office of the President, the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) serves as the link between the alumni and the rest of the academic community. The OAR seeks to encourage the maximum participation, involvement, support and commitment of the alumni to the University of the Philippines’ social mission. It assists the UP and its Alumni Association (UPAA) in identifying, cultivating, and involving the alumni in institutional and alumni programs, events and activities. It also represents the UP and the UPAA at institutional and alumni programs, events and activities both locally, on-and off-campus, and foreign venues whenever possible.
Its objectives include:
- to ensure quality service for the UP and its Alumni
- to actively promote a positive image of the UP to its Alumni
- to maintain the loyalty, goodwill, and support of the Alumni to the University’s programs and projects
- to encourage, facilitate, and enhance professional and social networking between UP, UPAA and Friends
UP Assistant Vice President for Public Affairs, Professor Jose Wendell P. Capili, PhD, is the Director of the Office of Alumni Relations.
The UPS-OAR serves as an active link between UP alumni and the rest of the academic community in order to encourage the maximum participation, involvement, support and commitment of these individuals to the goals and mission of the University of the Philippines (UP)
To effectively act as liaison between UP and its external publics, especially its alumni — to ensure their active participation, involvement, support and commitment vis-à-vis UP’s social mission.
OAR Services for Alumni
- Maintains Data Bank of Alumni Records
- Recognizes Alumni Achievements
- Collects and Disseminates News/Information
- Assists the UPAA in Fund Campaigns, Homecomings & Reunions, Scholarships, Professorial Chairs & Faculty Grants
- Networks with Alumni Chapters and Friends
- Recruits volunteers, speakers and leaders
- Maintains and updates the Carillon Online (the website of The Carillon Newsletter) as well as the OAR website.
- Assists Alumni Institutes, Continuing Education, Extramural Studies, and the Ugnayan ng Pahinungod/Oblation Corps Service Programs
- Establishes government relations network
Our office is located at Fonacier Hall, R. Magsaysay Ave., UP Diliman, Quezon City, 1101. We may be reached through (02)929-8226 (telefax) and (02)920-5301, local 4930. For regular news updates, you may also subscribe to the UP-OAR e-group at [email protected] you may e-mail us at [email protected] or [email protected] .
Statistical information about the alumni
Alumni in Government
Alumni in the News
Stories written by UP alumni about their experiences in the university.
A collection of photos from each of the constituent universities.
Visit the UP System’s collection of videos.
Online Request and Feedback Form
Customer Feedback Summary
Internal and External Stakeholders
- UP System offices
- Offices within Constituent Universities
- Faculty and staff
- Students and alumni
- Alumni organizations and associations
- Private sector and industries
- Government offices
- Non-government organizations
1. Accreditation of Alumni Group
2. Alumni Council Meeting
3. Database Management
4. Processing of Letters
5. Management of Records
Office Operations Manual
Office Performance Commitment and Review (OPCR)