Prof. Jose Dalisay, Jr., PhD
Vice President for Public Affairs
The Office of the Vice-President for Public Affairs (OVPPA) is headed by Vice President for Public Affairs Jose Dalisay, Jr. A Professor at the College of Arts and Letters of University of the Philippines Diliman, Dalisay served in the same capacity during the term of UP President Francisco Nemenzo (1999-2005).
Having completed his elementary and secondary education at La Salle Green Hills and the Philippine Science High School respectively, Dalisay enrolled at UP Diliman in 1970. He dropped out of school to pursue a career in journalism. While working as a reporter, he also wrote scripts for the movies of acclaimed film director Lino Brocka. He would eventually earn his BA English degree, Cum Laude, from the University. He later finished a Master in Fine Arts degree from the University of Michigan and a PhD in English from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Dalisay has won 16 Palanca awards for his various literary works. He has also won 5 Cultural Center of the Philippines awards for playwriting. He was named as one of the The Outstanding Young Men of 1993. Aside from these accolades, he has also been a Fulbright, Rockefeller, Hawthornden, British Council, and David TK Wong fellow.
About the Office of the Vice President for Public Affairs
The OVPPA was established on March 23, 1983 by virtue of Executive Order No. 4 to bring about effective, coordinated, and simplified organization and management operation that is appropriate to a multi-campus university. The BOR, at its 1134th meeting on 26 August 1999, redefined the functions of the OVPPA, as follows:
- To develop and maintain relations with government agencies that affect the functions and operations of the University, e.g. CHED, CSC, DBM and the Executive Branch, COA, and the Congress;
- To develop and maintain alumni relations with alumni associations and individual alumnus/alumna here and abroad;
- To monitor legislative initiatives related to the University;
- To develop and maintain media relations;
- To manage the publication of the UP Newsletter and other periodicals of the University;
- To develop and maintain relations with the private sector; and
- To conduct regular review and rationalization of policies on extension work, e.g. Pahinungod programs, and to develop extension services programs.
Online Request and Feedback Form
You may access the online request and feedback forms here:
Customer Feedback Summary
Internal and External Stakeholders
- UP System offices
- Offices within Constituent Universities
- Faculty and staff
- Students and alumni
- Universities and members of the academe
- Private sector and industries
- Government offices
- Non-government organizations
- Students from outside the University
- Research firms and think-tanks
1. BOR PAC
2. Delegation of Tasks
5. Scheduling of Visitors
Office Operations Manual
Office Performance Commitment and Review (OPCR)
You may access the OPCR for UP Office of the Vice President for Public Affairs from July to December 2016 by clicking this link: UP OVPPA OPCR.